Benutzer:Stéphane Lo Presti/News/2013-03-12
Update on the News, information and questions - March 11, 2013[Bearbeiten]
I'd like to provide a quick update on the big post I wrote a month ago:
- Update of the wikis to MediaWiki 1.20: We’re in the final stages of testing this. If we don’t find any major issue, we think we’ll be able to deploy this in the coming weeks. I’ll provide a more detailed update as soon as I know the date and details.
- Quality of articles: I’ve seen very little comment about this. Please let me know what you think about it. This is an important topic and it’ll be open for as long as necessary.
- Attract (and retain) editors: there’s only been a brief exchange on the English wiki. Similarly to the previous point, t his is an important topic and it’ll be open for as long as necessary.
- Masthead redesign: the offer still stands. Note: the Spanish wiki is trying a new cool version of their page using the GW2 website masthead, which you can see implemented in the Vector skin.
- Youtube and the wikis: from the look at the discussion on the English wiki, I don’t think that there’s a clear consensus. I was curious if this would attract positive comments but it has not, so I’m ‘’’pretty much closing the topic’’’ to focus on the other topics.
- Fansite list: no traction here but it’s not a priority.
- New wiki for the pictures: no traction on this, apart from the concerns over various issues expressed on my talkpage here. Not a priority.
- Page counters: I haven’t had the time to work on this yet and will write an update about it whenever I’m done with it.
- Default skin: I only got 2 pieces of feedback from 2 wiki editors here, in favor of this. Would people be opposed to changing the default skin?
- Global changelog page: I’m proposing that we (ArenaNet) use the Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Changelog page. Let me know my talk page if you have comments or suggestions.
- WikiChat: no traction, so I won’t be having one at least until next month.
As usual, let me know if you have questions or comments my talk page (or the relevant discussion page).